We offer a one day beginner ski touring trip in the Tatra Mountains with a licenced guide.
Ski touring is becoming a more and more popular winter activity and it is a great option to hike and ski in the Tatra Mountains.
This fun event will be for those of you who have never tried it before or perhaps tried it once but would like to get a professional to teach you all the starter points of this great activity. It is essential that you already ski and can manage at least red slopes fairly well. The trip includes a short avalanche course - it is the very first skill you need to have when thinking of any winter activities in mountains.
Join the trip on the:
You will meet your guide at 9am at Kuźnice where you get all the ski touring and avalanche equipment. Once you are all set and ready you start the hike (walk on skis). The tour and avalanche course takes approximately 5-6 hours.
The trip destination depends on the current weather conditions and the guide’s decision. Don’t worry, the tour will suit your skiing abilities.
You need to take a helmet with you (can be ski, bike or climbing helmet). You can also rent it extra in Kuźnice. You will need extra clothes with you, gloves, a hat, a scarf or a buff etc. Your backpack need to be at least 20l, you will fit all your things there and avalanche ABC!
For the trip to be confirmed, the minimum group size has to be 4 people. We will confirm the trip a week in advance.
Please contact us for more details and let us know which day would suit you best.
Day Trip includes
Transport form BazaTatry meeting point to Kuźnice
Ski Touring equipment rental
Avalanche ABC equipment
Tatra National Park entrance tickets
- 8:30am Meeting at Baza Tatry office and Transport to Kuźnice.
- 9am Meeting the guide at Kuźnice.
- Renting ski and avalanche equipment
- Learning how to prepare and use skitour skis
- 10am Start
- The tour lasts approximately 5-6 hours
- 4 pm You will be back at Kuźnice to return your equipment
- Back at BazaTatry
What's not included
IMPORTANT info - How and what to prepare:
- You need to be able to ski at least red slopes (intermediate level)
- A backpack, at least 20l for your belongings (avalanche ABC must fit in your bag)
- Helmet (ski, bike or climing)
- Thermos with hot drink, isotonic drink, food and energy snacks.
- At least two pair of gloves (thin ones for walking up and thick ones for riding down)
- A scarf or buff and a hat.
- Goggles or sunglasses.
- Take extra layers to put on you when you take stops during the hike
- The clothes you wear need to be proper winter, preferably a waterproof top layer.
4 Person Group: 420zl p/p
* In case there will be a group of 5 people the price per person will be 15% discounted
* In case there will be a group of 6 people the price per person will be 30% discounted
* If you have your own or borrowed equipment the price per person will be 140zl less.
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃