Location: Szymoszkowa is our faviourite ski slope around Zakopane. It's really close to town, has nice views over Zakopane and is good for beginngers and a bit more advanced skiers, although the pro's would get bored quite easily. It's a fun place too touch up on your technique.
How to get there: Take a mini bus from the main station towards Szymoszkowa or Kościeliska, you can't miss it. Or a taxi from the centre for around 15zl. From most central accomodation you can even just walk.
Ski Rental/Instruction: There are a few Ski Rental places as well as a Ski School with English speaking instructors.
Other facilities: Big parking area & many resturants.
- Get there early as it can get very busy.
- If the resturants at the bottom are packed try some on the top of the chairlift.They have much better views.
- Great place for night skiing.
- The top of the slope can be very bumpy so take it easy if you're not experienced.
- You can use the Spa and pool facilities at Hotel Mercure Kasprowy at a day fee.