Ski Touring has become increasingly more popular in recent years and Zakopane and the surrounding Tatra mountains offer some of the best conditions. Ski touring offers a good workout when walking the skis up and then great pleasure when riding down again, especially in fresh powder. We offer trips for complete beginners to very experienced skiers. The trip includes transport and equipment.
Ski Touring Trips include
- Transport to the area where you will start.
- Equipment rental consisting of: boots, skis, poles, skins and avalanche set.
- ABC avalanche awarness introduction course.
- Beginner tours last around 5hrs.
- Intermediate to advance tours around 5-8hrs.
Zakopane and the Tatra mountains offer some amazing ski touring routes and if you've never tried it before then you definitely should. It is however compulsory that you know how to ski before attempting to do ski touring. The basics are the same but as the skis and equipment are different and you are mostly not on prepared slopes it can be much more difficult.
For complete beginners we offer full and complete support, going through the basics of ski touring, teaching you how the equipment works and also guidance with best practice for future outings. The route is not hard and also not very steep, giving you a chance to practise walking on the skis and also some skiing down.
For those who have tried it before and like us can't get enough of it, we offer a variety of routes in the area. We will check your level and enquire about your fitness level to make sure that we find the best suited routes for your individual abilities.
What's not included:
- Ski clothes; For ski touring we recommend something warm and breathable, best to wear layers.
- Snacks or drinks; For longer tours we recommend that you bring water and snacks.
- Lunch; Some routes go past mountain huts and you could stop for a quick warm tea or soup.
Other useful info
- Ski touring is a very good form of excersie and you will deffinitely get a good workout from your trip.
- Please bring a medium-sized backpack for your avalanche equipment, extra gloves , water, ect
- Your guide will check weather conditions and also avalanche warnings so that your trip is as safe as possible.
For those who have tried it before
We will check your ability and determine the most suited route for the day.