Ice climbing is becoming more popular for those visiting Tatra mountains and looking to try something new and more challenging. For most this is a truly unforgettable experience. The course is only available some winter months so be sure to check with us. You need to have previous climbing experience and a reasonable level of fitness.The trip includes transport to the start of the trail and transport back.
Climbing Trip includes:
- Transport to the start of the route and back to your apartment.
- Licensed Tatra Guide (English speaking)
- The necessary equipment: rope, climbing harness, helmet, crampons.
- TPN (Tatra National Park) entrance tickets.
The climbing trip lasts around 6hrs and we can discuss your personal needs and abilities. We pick you up at the apartment and take you to the start of the route. The trip will include winter hiking to the area where you will be climbing. You need to have a good level of fitness and some experience of climbing. The climb might be quite difficult but we will check your ability beforehand. All the trip details, the start, the route and climbing destination will be discussed and confirmed with the Tarta guide. Please make sure you are well prepared for the trip.
Climbing Trip does NOT include:
- The avalanche ABC equipment (if required)
- Food and drinks
If you are more than 2 people please inquire about the prices.
Important info/ how to prepare:
- Good waterproof, winter hiking trousers and jacket.
- You will need few layers of clothing. Thinner for hiking up and warmer for standing and waiting by climbing wall.
- Proper hiking winter boots.
- Two pairs of gloves. Thin and warm.
- Hiking rucksack min 20l.
- Energetic snacks like sandwiches and chocolate bars, hot tea, cold drink.
- You should have previous experience climbing and preferably not be scared of heights.
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃
Other Popular Activities