Cross country is a fun, all body workout winter sport. There are some well prepared routes around Zakopane and we have very good intructors to help you on your way. For those of you seeking to learn a new skill or try a different winter sport this is the perfect start. It is not necessary to be able to ski before you learn how to cross country ski.
Cross Country Trip includes
- Transport to the Cross Country tracks in Koscielisko.
- Help with ski rental at the tracks and a short introduction about what to get.
- Full 1 hour lesson from when you start on the tracks.
Learning how to cross country ski can be easy and fun, with a good instructor you’ll be well on your way to understanding how to walk in the tracks, turn and also how to go uphill. If it’s your first ever time on skies that’s also ok, our instructor will make sure you are comfortable and assist you the whole time.
We found that 1 hour lessons are generally long enough as cross country skiing is quite tiring but if you want to extend the lesson when you are there, you can have this option. If you’ve tried cross country a few times and need help with your technique that’s good too.
After the lesson you should be able to complete a full track without assistance from the instructor.
What's not included:
- You can choose to stay longer at the tracks and practise more after the lesson, we will explain you to get a bus back to your apartment or arrange a taxi for you, this will however be at your own cost.
- Clothes rental; in general you can wear warm tights or even normal trousers, with a breathable jacket, winter gloves and winter socks
Other useful info
- Cross Country skiing is a very good for of excersie and you will deffinetely get a good workout from your lesson.
- We have a few clothes items for rent, contact us in advance to enquire.
Reviews from our clients
Our stay in Zakopane was perfect - RakaTravel were incredibly helpful with everything; organising things to do, taxi rides, showing the area etc. The apartment was wonderful too. We would highly recommend Raka Travel!
We had a fab time in Zakopane. Rakatravel really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with Rakatravel!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!