Ski Touring has become more popular in recent years and is our faviourite winter activity. Zakopane and the surrounding Tatra mountains offer some of the best opportunities to learn this sport and explore the mountains on skis. Ski touring is a great workout and a lot of fun. We offer trips for complete beginners to very experienced skiers. The trip includes transport and equipment.
Ski Touring Trips include
- Transport to the area where you will start.
- Equipment rental consisting of: boots, skis, poles, skins and avalanche set.
- ABC avalanche awarness introduction course.
- Beginner tours last around 5hrs.
- Intermediate to advance tours around 5-8hrs.
There are some amazing ski touring routes in the Tatra mountains and if you've never tried it before then you definitely should. It is however compulsory that you know how to ski before attempting to do ski touring. The basics are the same but as the skis and equipment are different and you are mostly not on prepared slopes it can be much more difficult.
For complete beginners we offer full and complete support, going through the basics of ski touring, teaching you how the equipment works and also guidance with best practice for future outings. The route is not hard and also not very steep, giving you a chance to practise walking on the skis and also some skiing down.
For those who have tried it before and like us can't get enough of it, we offer a variety of routes in the area. We will check your level and enquire about your fitness level to make sure that we find the best suited routes for your individual abilities.
What's not included:
- Ski clothes; For ski touring we recommend something warm and breathable, best to wear layers.
- Snacks or drinks; For longer tours we recommend that you bring water and snacks.
- Lunch; Some routes go past mountain huts and you could stop for a quick warm tea or soup.
Other useful info
- Ski touring is a very good form of excerse and you will definitely get a good workout from your trip.
- Please bring a medium-sized backpack for your avalanche equipment, extra gloves , water, ect
- Your guide will check weather conditions and also avalanche warnings so that your trip is as safe as possible.
For those who have tried it before
We will check your ability and determine the most suited route for the day.
Reviews from our clients
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃