Zakopane and the region are famous for the delicious smoked cheese called Oscypek. On this tour you will get a chance to see how it is made in a traditional bacowka (cheese hut), you will be able to taste the cheese in different forms including bundz, grilled and marinated. You will also get the chance to grill your own cheese in the traditional highlander hut.
Cheese Tasting Tour includes
- Transport from Zakopane (pickup at BazaTatry by the main bus station)
- Oscypek tasting
- Grilling your own cheese
- A shot of homemade lemon vodka
- Transpot back to Zakopane, or if you would like to stay in the area and have lunch we have very good recommendation for local restaurant.
Our meeting point is at our office BazaTatry. From there we will drive through the country side to an area near the Chochołowska Valley to a traditional cheese hut. You will have a chance to sample some of the smoked cheese and also the cheese in different forms before it was smoked. The highlight is grilling your own cheese on the grill inside a tradtional highlander hut. Transport back is also included in the trip. The area we will be visiting has a lot to offer and you can choose to stay on and have lunch or go for a walk or bicycle ride in the valley. If you choose to stay, there are local buses back (bus fare not included) and the guide will show you where and when to catch a bus back to Zakopane.
Other useful info
- Customised trips are available, there is an option to continue onward to Chochołow village a UNESCO World Heritage Site and open air museum.
- Transport throughout the whole trip provided
- Local English guide